The story of animation describes the procedure of producing an animation short film and the benefits of animation. The information discussed in this article provides more knowledge and understanding in the world of animation.
Concept of producing animation film
Whether the film is a commercial or informative one, its production is started with an idea that it has to convey a good message to the viewers. This concept can be just defined in two simple lines or in a long manuscript or with a series of images.
• The story of animation written by many professionals such as David Tart was written as a manuscript or as scene descriptions which can be converted into a visual material.
• The story elements are utilized to monitor closely the characters, colors, props and background that are in consistency with the animation story or the message of the story you would like to create.
• A number of visual images of various styles are investigated apart from the written story provided by the director.
• The animation style in the story of animation production in Singapore is usually referenced from United Productions of America. This American studio for animation was found in 1940s and was known for its stylish and flat way of animating.
• A big difference was observed between the Disney style of animation and the animation style shown by the American animation studio.
The concept stage of animation involves creating quick sketches and drawings. The best animation figures from the sketches and drawings are chosen for creating an ultimate and final animation product. The backgrounds are also chosen along with the animation figures that are raw sketches mingled with various styles and other background drawings. The concept or an idea stage includes drawing a number of different ideas, which in the next stage has become a final character and background.
Storyboard and animatic levels
The director’s idea is visualized by working on the storyboard after the concept of character and background are developed. The storyboard involves elements of acting, practicing the story and cinematography. These storyboard elements create a connection between the written aspect and the visual aspects of the film. A storyboard is a virtual beginning of placing the notes in a right order. By drawing the storyboard digitally on the computer, you will be clear about the story context and the unnecessary frames that can be missed. At this stage, a lot of concepts are tested to filter the necessary functional result. Storyboard phase is not involved with design and colors as the selection of the ultimate frame is not yet done. Storyboard approval results at the beginning of next stage of animation. All the drawings are shown in a short time with little intervals to see whether the story is working well or not.